Candidates who have passed the HSLC examination of the Board of Secondary Education, Assam or any other equivalent examination recognized by the ASSAM HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION COUNCIL (AHSEC) are eligible for admission to Higher Secondary First year course provided that:
A) A candidate seeking admission to HS Science must have secured at least 50% marks on aggregate and at least 55% marks in both General Science and General Mathematics individually in the HSLC or its equivalent Examination.
B) The minimum qualifying marks for admission to HS Commerce is 50% on aggregate in the HSLC or its equivalent examination.
C) Candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC and MOBC categories are entitled to a relaxation of 5% of marks for admission to HS Science and Commerce Courses.
D) Students, who wish to take up Economics, Mathematics and Statistics as combination, must have secured at least 45% marks on aggregate in HSLC or its equivalent examinations. They will be allowed to take only C.S.A. as fourth subject.Students declared to have passed H.S. First year Exam. by the college/ A.H.S.E.C., Assam, are eligible for admission to H.S. Second year.
PROCEDURE AND GUIDELINES FOR ADMISSION
1. Application form and prospectus may be obtained from the college office on payment of Rs. 100/- only. The application form may be downloaded from the website www.lumdingcollege.com / www.lumdingcollege.org, but a sum of Rs. 100/- will have to be paid at the time of admission towards the fees for the form and prospectus.
2. Application form duly filled in and accompanied by the attested copies of all the relevant testimonials and documents must reach the college on or before the last date as notified. Incomplete forms and applications received after the last date shall be rejected.
3. Admission is given purely on the basis of merit and is subject to the regulations of AHSEC/GU.
4. The decision of the Admission Committee regarding admission will be final.
The Admission Committee will, as need be, stipulate and notify supplementary guidelines regarding restrictions in respect of combination of subjects and criteria of eligibility for admission.
5. Applicants must appear in person before the Admission Committee for interview and admission at the a ppointed time and date. Candidates selected must get themselves admitted on the very day of interview by making necessary payments, failing which they may forfeit their claim.
6. Candidates seeking admission shall have to produce the following original documents at the time of interview :
i) Marksheet of the last qualifying examination.
ii) Pass Certificate from the Headmaster / Principal of the institution last attended by the candidate.
iii) Certificate/Admit Card of the H.S.L.C. Examination for age proof.
iv) Caste Certificate along with a photocopy of the same, wherever necessary.
v) Migration Certificate (for students migrating from a Board / Council / University other than AHSEC / GU) with a photocopy of the same and transfer certificate (for students coming on transfer from other institutions).
vi) Gap Certificate from a Govt. Gazetted Officer (for candidates who passed the qualifying examination earlier than the current year)
vii) Two copies of recent passport size photograph.
7. The college reserves the right to refuse admission to any applicant without assigning any reason.
8. In case of submission of fake documents or suppression of material facts or the furnishing of incorrect
information by a candidate, detected even after admission, his/her admission shall stand cancelled.
9. The College Authority reserves the right to change the date and time of interview/admission under unavoidable circumstances.
10. Availability of seats in H.S. Courses is fixed as follows :