Eligibility For Admission To Three Years Degree Course
1) For admission to TDC 1st Semester Class a candidate must have passed the Higher Secondary Final examination of AHSEC or any other equivalent examination recognized by Gauhati University provided that:
a) A student seeking admission to B. Com course may be from Arts, science or commerce stream in the H. S. Level.
b) A student seeking admission to B.A. course may be from Arts or science or commerce stream in the H. S. level.
c) A student seeking admission to B. Sc course must be from the science stream at the H. S. level. Exception- A student having Economics, Statistics & Mathematics as combination in H.S. (Arts) may opt for B.Sc. (Economics, Statistics & Mathematics).
2) Admission to B.A. 2nd Year, B.Sc. 2nd Year and B. Com. 2nd Year is open to all those students who have completed the course of study of B.A. B.A. 2nd Semester, B.Sc. 2nd Semester and B.Com. 2nd Semester of G.U. respectively.
3) Admission to 5th and 6th semester of BA, B.Sc., B.Com is open to all those students who have completed the course of study of 4th semester and 5th semester of GU respectively.
4.) Criteria for admission to Major Courses shall be as follows :
(i) At least 40% of marks on the aggregate and also in the subject concerned in the H. S. Final or its equivalent examination. (only Theory)
(ii) The major in Botany and Zoology will be offered on the basis of the marks obtained in Botany and Zoology respectively in the subject Biology. However, where the Botany and Zoology marks are not shown separately then major in Botany/Zoology will be offered on the basis of rule (i)
PROCEDURE AND GUIDELINES FOR ADMISSION
1. Application form and prospectus may be obtained from the college office on payment of Rs. 130/- only. The application form may be downloaded from the website www.lumdingcollege.com / www.lumdingcollege.org, but a sum of Rs. 130/- will have to be paid at the time of admission towards the fees for the form and prospectus.
2. Application form duly filled in and accompanied by the attested copies of all the relevant testimonials and documents must reach the college on or before the last date as notified. Incomplete forms and applications received after the last date shall be rejected.
3. Admission is given purely on the basis of merit and is subject to the regulations of AHSEC/GU.
4. The decision of the Admission Committee regarding admission will be final.
The Admission Committee will, as need be, stipulate and notify supplementary guidelines regarding restrictions in respect of combination of subjects and criteria of eligibility for admission.
5. Applicants must appear in person before the Admission Committee for interview and admission at the a ppointed time and date. Candidates selected must get themselves admitted on the very day of interview by making necessary payments, failing which they may forfeit their claim.
6. Documents that must be produced in original at the time of Admission :
a) Marksheet of the last qualifying examination.
b) Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
c) Certificate / Admit Card of the HSLC Exam. for age proof.
d) Caste Certificate along with a photocopy of the same, whenever necessary.
e) Migration Certificate (for students migrating from a Board / Council / University other that AHSC/GU) with a photocopy of the same and transfer certificate (for students coming on transfer from other institutions)
f) Gap Certificate from a Govt. Gazetted Officer (for candidates who passed the qualifying Exam. earlier than the current year.)
g) Two copies of recent passport size photograph.
h) Anti-Ragging undertaking.
7. The college reserves the right to refuse admission to any applicant without assigning any reason.
8. In case of submission of fake documents or suppression of material facts or the furnishing of incorrect information by a candidate, detected even after admission, his/her admission shall stand cancelled.
9. The College Authority reserves the right to change the date and time of interview/admission under unavoidable circumstances.